Saturday, July 12, 2008

39 Weeks

Today officially marks the end of 39 weeks! Tomorrow begins what should be the last week of this pregnancy! There's nothing really new to report from my doctors visit this week, except that the doctor said that "this baby could come at anytime!" So I guess that's good to hear. We are as ready as we will ever be. I'm thankful to have made it through, its been pretty uneventful and we're hoping and praying delivery will go just as smooth. I'm getting pretty nervous and anxious about what is to come, but I'm really ready to not be pregnant anymore. I can't remember what it feels like to not be pregnant. We pretty much have the bags packed for the hospital, at least with the necessities! There are a few other things I'd like to throw in if I can get them together in time... but other than that we're ready to go! I spent a good part of the day organizing our room and all the baby stuff to make things more functional when he arrives.

I'm excited to potentially only have 7 days left! I know we don't get to choose our baby's birthday, but we do have a few dates that we would be extra excited about... the first being this coming Monday, July 14th! This is my husbands grandpa's birthday, and I think it would be really special for Brody to share a birthday with his great-grandpa. If he doesn't come on Monday, then my next hope would be for his actual due date, the 19th! You see my birthday is on the 19th of August, and I arrived on my due date. So even though it's a different month it would still be kind of cool if he decided to take after his Mama and show up on time!

Speaking of when he will be making his arrival... I recently set up a little contest here on my blogger. It's mainly for my own entertainment, but to encourage participation there will also be a prize for the winner! I know we said that the game ends when we post that I am in labor, but don't wait too long to enter, I have a feeling it could be any day now... and you don't want to miss out. So to enter our little contest click here!

I did find out that we should be able to keep this blog updated pretty easily during labor! Turns out they do actually have free wi-fi in the labor & delivery ward of the hospital! So we'll be bringing our camera, and the laptop and we'll try to keep things updated as they happen.

Stay tuned... he'll be here any day now!

No comments: