Monday, March 10, 2008

Better Late than Never!

... As promised, an update of our 20 week appointment and the most recent ultrasound pics! I'll keep this short and sweet. Sean finally got to meet our doctor, we took a half day off work so we could both attend the ultrasound and doctors appointment together. The ultrasound went well, and if you read my previous post they are still saying BOY, but also still not completely sure. They didn't find any obvious defects or anything they were concerned about so that was good news, that at this point we are expecting a healthy little one! Either way we don't believe in terminating the pregnancy regardless of what was or was not shown, and we are extremely happy to be parents of this child even if it turns out that he is not perfect in the eyes of the world. I got some really bad news at the doctor's office- I gained my first pregnancy pound! ... just one. I was excited to have made it through the first 20 weeks without gaining weight, and the doctor is happy with what I've been able to lose. If I'm successful with only putting on 15 lbs from here on out I will give birth at my pre-pregnancy weight! Other than that everything is going great still.. they are watching my blood pressure and blood sugar closely and everything is right on track where I am suppose to be. It's nice to see my doctor so pleased with my progress. Please be praying that I continue to have a healthy pregnancy! We have a lot going on right now, more of which I can explain after the next appointment and I'm hoping the stress of it all doesn't adversely effect the Baby.

No comments: